Fiber Arts & Furry Critters

Saturday, August 17, 2002

Current WIPs:
Too many. I love to start things, and have a hard time finishing things.

Spinning:
I have some Cormo I'm spinning on my Reeves saxony wheel. I also want to start some flax on that wheel.

I have black alpaca on my Kromski Mazurka. Have some light gray roving from The Bellwether that I'd like to do as well.

Several smaller projects on spindles.

Knitting:
Things that need finishing:
Re-stitch the seams in the Hanne Falkenberg Pagoda jacket/cardigan. Turns out her yarn (which I think is *very* scratchy stuff, especially considering the price of her kits!!!) isn't strong enough to hold up to seaming. I bought some new stuff to re-stitch the seams that are coming apart.

DH's Lopi cardigan (he's 6'6" and wears a size 3XLT) finally got finished, but still needs the zipper sewn in. Last weekend I got the zipper pinned into place. Now to finish the sewing up.

Just finished a new sweater for 10-yo-DD, Ashleigh. It's in dark denim & white Sirdar Denim Chunky, fairly plain but cute. Really liked knitting with this yarn, and like the sweater - or will once I've sewn the pieces together.

Also have a sweater done top-down in gray-white marl Cascade 220. Decided I didn't like the neckline in front (it's mine). I plan to machine-stitch a
slightly lower neckline in front, then cut it and pick up new stitches for a doubled-over crew neck collar.

Last but by no means least, I have a Dale sweater that's done up to where I need to steek for the sleeves - sleeves are done and ready to sew in -
just haven't gotten up the nerve to stitch and cut.

Current knitting:
A lace scarf from a recent issue of Spin-Off, being knit in grayish-taupe handspun cashmere. I *love* the feel of this stuff!!

The Celtic Cardigan. While at the dog show today, I showed Clara the picture on the pattern, and she *loved* it! She's usually non-commital about my projects. I may end up making two of these. [Clara is the lady who bred three of my four Aussies. I was handling one of her dogs at the show today. I didn't enter any of mine this time; turns out that was a *good* thing, as my conformation bitch has NO coat right now!]

The sweater for Noah, 5-yo DS, in red & black Encore. This is moving along quickly, but he's only wearing size 6 at this point (I'm making the sweater size 8 anyway).

The shawl I just started. Only a few rows into this one. Would also like to start the Irish Diamond Shawl in Folk Shawls in purple Alpafina from Webs, but I can't find the book right now. In fact, my entire craft room (also known as the cellar) is a disaster at the moment.

On my wish list is the black-&-white sweater on the cover of the Mission Falls "Decade" pattern book, and the Dale "Kongle" sweater. Oh, and the Spin-Off anniversary sweater, too! I have so many ideas and things I'd like to do/make that I'm sure I've forgotten what half of them were. In this case, that's probably a good thing!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home