Fiber Arts & Furry Critters

Thursday, August 22, 2002

Here is a picture of DH wearing his new Lopi cardigan, which sat around needing a zipper for a very long time. It was made from a Lopi pullover pattern, but knitted in Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride bulky. I really don't like the texture of Lopi; I think it is VERY scratchy! I like the Lamb's Pride, tho; so much that I wish I'd made my Lopi pullover from LP, too!





Today, in another finishing frenzy, I sewed up Ashleigh's new sweater. This one was only a UFO for a couple of weeks, but I still wanted to get it done and out of the way. I may make a hat with the leftover yarn. This sweater was made with denim and white Sirdar Chunky (acrylic/wool/cotton) from a Sirdar Chunky pattern, in a women's small size.



I'm really pleased with the way these two came out!


This only leaves me with a couple of older UFOs. One is a vest made from a black-&-silver yarn (the silver is a metallic strand) that I think I'm going to put a zipper in (now that I've triumphed over the Lopi cardigan zipper!). The other is the re-stitching of the seams on the Hanne Falkenberg cardigan. Still considering turning my Lopi into a cardigan. For that, I think I want to stitch and steek the front, and crochet over the cut; then crochet button loops and put big toggle buttons on. Sounds like a plan... Oh, and I always have socks in progress somewhere, for long-lines-at-the-store and traffic-jam knitting.

I'm almost done flipping through my stack of "new" Spin-Off magazines, then I'll be going back through them and actually reading every word. Love looking at all the old ads! I've seen a lot of what seem to be very interesting articles as well. Have also been working on the Oat Couture Celtic Cardigan. I think this one may end up as this year's Deerfield Fair entry instead of DS Noah's pullover.

My favorite LYS told me yesterday that my copy of Meg Swansen's "Sweaters from Camp" is in, too. I'm hoping to get up there this afternoon to pick that up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home