Fiber Arts & Furry Critters

Monday, September 01, 2003

This was the weekend for the Hopkinton Fair. Not one of my favorites, but a nice fair, and I'll be out of town for my favorite, the Deerfield Fair. The kids had a good time, and we ended up walking around for about three hours! Boy, that was tiring! I set up a Picturetrail album of the fair, but here are a few excerpts:





I was able to get in some spinning on Saturday night. I was working on the 70/30 Rambouillet/angora blend (from Claudia at Countrywool), which I'm spinning up laceweight on my Kromski Mazurka. It was just the handful that was already hanging from the wheel, but I haven't done any spinning or knitting for a couple of weeks now, so it was good.

I have a couple of pen orders to work on, then I think I'm going to make some spindles. I have until Sept. 10th to finish the first batch of stuff I'll be bringing to The Big E, and I can drop off another batch (whatever I can finish in a week) on my way thru Mass. when I leave for the ASCA Nationals on the 18th. I still have to do a preliminary trim on the two dogs that will be showing. And my kids start school tomorrow! Boy, sometimes these days, I feel like I'm running at full speed and getting nowhere... Oh, well. Things will settle down at the end of the month, after the big dog show, and I should be able to get more stuff made for the Big E while the kids are in school.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home