Fiber Arts & Furry Critters

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Yesterday was a run-around day. I spent all day running errands. With the current price of gas around here it has become very important to take care of as many errands as possible, as efficiently as possible.

First was DS's visit to the dentist. I think DD has a couple of visits scheduled for November, but DS is now done until March. We recently began taking him to a pediatric specialist; he had a couple of cavities, but would not allow our regular
dentist to do any work! We tried cajoling, bribing, threatening, medicating... we tried nitrous oxide (he would not allow that thing to be put on his face) and antihistamines that have a sedative effect. Nothing worked. He would also not permit them to put sealants on his teeth, due to the taste. This has all changed. The boy now has sealants in place, and both cavities have been filled. The pediatric dentist he's seeing now is an absolute miracle worker!

After the dentist visit DS and I went to Target for a couple of small items, then to
Rockler Woodworking. I needed a 1/2" drill chuck with a #2 Morse Taper for the new toy I picked up last weekend - it's a Jet Mini lathe! I've wanted a mini lathe for quite some time; all of my turning up until now, including all the pens and the lace bobbins, has been done on a Shopsmith.

After Rockler's we hit Wendy's for a Frosty - a reward for his good behavior at the
dentist. Then we made a quick stop at the credit union, and hopped on the highway.

Several towns away we had a stop to make at Dodge Agway to pick up the alpaca grain. Unfortunately, they made a mistake with my order. The boys' grain was in, the girls' grain was not. Fortunately we have plenty of grain and it's not a big problem. It would have saved me a trip had I known this in advance, however. Oh, well... at least we found the flyswatters there. Target has apparently never heard of flyswatters.

Then we had to get to the grocery store, and the pharmacy therein, for groceries and a prescription refill for DH.

We left home at about 9:30 am, and got home just after 2 pm.

Today I'm going to sit and knit. Or maybe work on my bobbin lace piece, or play with my new lathe. Oh, yeah, and do laundry. But I'm not driving anywhere!


Post a Comment

<< Home