Fiber Arts & Furry Critters

Thursday, May 08, 2003

Well, the kids are back in school (for now, anyway) and I've had some time to spend at the lathe, catching up on orders. Not much fiber time, altho I've been playing with my new lucet. I'm thinking that lucetted cord might make a very nice drive band for a spinning wheel!

This is the order I finished today:




These are for my friend Carol, who will be doing a bobbin lace demo on Saturday at the New Hampshire Sheep & Wool Festival. For her demo piece, she specified four bobbins each of three different colors. The spangled (beaded) bobbin on the right is mine! Carol doesn't like spangles, anyway. Mine is made of mahogany, and is the first bobbin I've done from a square blank (using the NovaChuck on the lathe) instead of from a dowel. I only had one of Carol's that didn't come out quite right (the shorter one) and if she doesn't like it, I'll replace it. It should be okay for the demo, though.

Earlier this week I recieved a gift from Daniel Deane in Chattanooga, TN, a friend from the Spindlers group. He sent me this lovely handmade copper bracelet:




And today my wonderful friend Pam presented me with this lovely Oriental Hornbeam, ready to be trimmed up and planted in a bonsai pot! Isn't it gorgeous?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home