Fiber Arts & Furry Critters

Thursday, April 24, 2003

We've had the usual excitement around here. DD injured her leg in a playground accident on Saturday, which resulted in our spending half the day in the ER. Her leg's not broken, thank goodness. She wore a leg brace most of this week, and is still hobbling slightly on crutches, altho she feels she can do without the brace today. And I got quite a bit of spindle spinning done while waiting.


Didn't make much progress picking the fleece, either, but I did get some things done. I sewed up the purple denim apron, and I like it - it wasn't difficult at all. And I've been a spinning fiend! Last night I finished spinning and plying the slubby gray roving I've been doing on the Kromski Mazurka.






Here's a close-up of the yarn:






Final total: 9.5 oz (I thought there was more than that!), 650 yards.

We're leaving tomorrow morning for a spinning weekend at Cape Ann, put on by Claudia of Countrywool. DH knows he'll be watching the kids while I'm taking her classes, and we'll be staying one extra night after the spinning class is over. The Cape Ann Motor Inn, where it's held, is right on the beach, and it's a gorgeous location. We've stayed there before. Having kids, we get the kitchenette - we need the little fridge and stove! (And I need my coffee!) I think it'll be a bit chilly this time of year, but worth it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home