Fiber Arts & Furry Critters

Tuesday, August 12, 2003

I'm done procrastinating.

My dogs have been cooped up in the house a lot lately, because of the really crappy weather we've been having. They're used to spending a good deal of time outside in the fenced-in dog yard, and the Aussies anyway are a high-energy working breed. High-energy dogs cooped up in the house is not a good thing. Last week they were rough-housing and knocked over my bobbin lace pillow, and really made a mess:



What was worse than the tangle of bobbins was the sheer amount of dog hair embedded in the pillow, threads, bobbins, etc. It was horrifying. I let it sit downstairs on top of my loom (and why is it the cats want to sleep on my warp, anyway? Maybe I need to leave it looser...) while I pondered the problem. OK, I wasn't pondering the problem... I was procrastinating, totally avoiding the problem, and reading the most recent crop of Star Wars books.

I finished the last book last night, so this morning I tackled the pillow. It took 6 or 7 sheets of lint-remover tape (the peel-it-off-the-roll type) and about an hour to get everything all cleaned, untangled, and get re-started on the lace. Amazingly enough, there were no broken threads:



The wedding is the 23rd, so I really need to finish this!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home