Fiber Arts & Furry Critters

Saturday, September 06, 2003

Busy week! I finally got my van back (it was gone for a week and a half!) on Wednesday night. A friend's fiance was repairing it for me, and making sure it was roadworthy for our upcoming trip. I missed it so much that I went on Wednesday night to get it - missing Star Trek: Enterprise in the process! We didn't get home until after 9, and by the time I got the kids to bed and all the critters taken care of, it was 3/4 of the way through the second episode! But I have my van back!

After all the front end work I had done, it needed an alignment; I took it in first thing Thursday morning, and spent the waiting time spinning on a drop spinde - something I haven't had time for in quite a while.

Also this week - an issue of Knitter's that actually has some sweaters I want to knit! Amazing! And the new Spin-Off came, too, and my rare-breed skein is in it!

Today we went gallivanting as a family, around Durham, Newmarket, and Portsmouth; had lunch in Portsmouth at a restaurant called The Rusty Hammer that serves a mean gardenburger, and visited Portsmouth's yarn shop, The Yarn Basket, before heading back. I came home with Sally Melville's new book, The Purl Stitch (no sign of Jamieson's #3 yet) and DD got two skeins of Barbie pink (her favorite color, but she's 11) Plush by Berrocco, to knit herself a scarf.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home