Fiber Arts & Furry Critters

Thursday, March 31, 2005

For those who don't know, I am the listmom of several Yahoogroups email lists, as well as the administrator of one Ringsurf ring. These are not paid positions, they are all volunteer. I take care of the lists and the ring because I like to do it, and because I believe the lists and the ring serve a purpose.

That's why I do it.

Now, someone tell me - why do people join rings, and then never bother to put the code on their sites? How long am I supposed to wait for them? I think I'm going to put something about it in the ring rules - if you can't be bothered to find out how to get the ring code up on your site within two weeks, I'm going to delete you from the queue. And if you haven't posted to your site in over six months, you're gone from the ring as well.

1 Comments:

  • Carolyn, I went through that with the ring I run, until the day that I decided that if people are computer-literate enough to sign up to the ring, they are computer-literate enough either to put the code up or ask for help with it.

    So everyone who signed up and sat there got dumped off the queue.

    I felt bad just for a wee moment.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home