Fiber Arts & Furry Critters

Wednesday, March 09, 2005

We had the strangest weather yesterday! It started out warm, and pouring rain; over the course of the day, as the temps cooled, it turned to snow, and that became one heck of a snowstorm. We had hurricane-force winds, some very interesting snowdrifts around our property, and around 8 PM last night, a couple of brief episodes of thunder and lightning! In the middle of a snowstorm! I have lived in New England most of my life, and I can honestly say I have never seen thunder and lightning in the middle of a snowstorm!

This morning the schools started out with a two-hour delay, and then later changed it to a no-school day. DH went to work, and I took the kids to Peterborough with me to go look at a new-to-me loom.

And look what followed me home!



It's a portable Macomber loom - 8 harnesses, 24" weaving width, and small enough to live upstairs with us instead of down in the cellar/craft room. It's almost small enough to fit in the closet behind it. Isn't it cute?

1 Comments:

  • That is exactly like the one on which you taught me to weave - and which I lost in the hurricane, sigh. I miss weaving. I wish you would bring your tools, come for that Florida vacation, help me fix the loom I have left and teach to weave again! Oh wait, I don't have a house yet. Dang! I have loom envy!

    By Blogger Deborah, at 6:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home