Fiber Arts & Furry Critters

Thursday, February 24, 2005

I haven't done much of any crafts lately, but last weekend I did get in a bit of spinning up in Portland, ME at the NETA get-together. I've made it to this event all three years it's been held so far; last year it was just a brief visit, as I had DH and kids with me, but I made it nevertheless. One of these years I'll be able to afford to get a hotel room and stay the weekend!

One of the things I spent money on while I was up there is a workshop to be held at the 2005 Maine Fiber Frolic. Although it's not yet listed on the website, they will apparently be hosting a workshop with Alden Amos!! There was no way I could pass up the opportunity to take a class with him! I may have jumped the gun (I think I was the first person to sign up for it) but class space is limited, and I didn't want to miss out.

Another project I'm working on is an alpaca trade. I found out that Jeanne at Gemstone Alpacas was interested in trading what sounds like a very nice herdsire (check out Feldspar under the "Current Sales List" link on her webpage) for a dark female. I checked out Feldspar's bloodlines (his daddy is Black Flame, who has an 18 micron black fleece!) and we've agreed to trade him for Annika, my black female cria. Assuming everything goes as planned (I'm such a worrier!) we should be doing this April 3rd.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home