Fiber Arts & Furry Critters

Monday, February 28, 2005

It is school vacation week here. Usually this means 12 yo DD tries her best to be anywhere but here; she generally ends up spending at least one overnight at a friend's house.

We also have what they're calling a major snowstorm (N'oreaster, in this part of the country) on the way. That's supposed to start this evening. This time it's supposed to be heavy, wet snow instead of the light, fluffy stuff, which increases the chance of power outages exponentially. Unfortunately, I have to step out sometime today and get a few groceries. I don't generally do a storm stock-up, but Mondays are my regular grocery shopping days! The grocery store is definitely going to be much not-fun today.

And despite the fact that the kids are going to be home all week, I'm thinking of trying to unearth my loom. I have some cotton hand-towels on there that have been waiting patiently for over a year. Part of the reason for that is that we ran out of room in the living areas of the house; the loom now resides in the basement (otherwise known as my craft rooms), where it quickly became stagnant. I'd love to move it upstairs again, and keep trying to think of how I can rearrange things to make it fit.

In the meantime, here's something that I stole from Amie's blog.

-------------------------------------------------------
1. Grab the nearest book.
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the text of the sentence in your journal along with these instructions.
5. Don't search around and look for the "coolest" book you can find. Do what's actually next to you
-------------------------------------------------------

Here it is:

"America's space shuttle will fly again on Apollo Day. We'll have more with our guest, Admiral James Kirk of Starfleet Command, right after this."

Those who know me won't be surprised. The book is "Star Trek: A Flag Full of Stars" by Brad Ferguson.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home