Fiber Arts & Furry Critters

Thursday, June 23, 2005

I've been working on the Siberian Winter shawl, and have now finished the edging on side 3 and started side 4 - I'm in the home stretch! Now I just need to finish without running out of yarn. Maybe I should knit faster...

This weekend is supposed to get very, very hot - the weatherman just said that Saturday could hit 100 degrees! We rarely have temps anywhere near that hot around here, but weatherwise it's been a strange year already. First it rained literally almost every day in May, followed by a week of suffocatingly hot and humid weather in early June - unheard of! I know that's grammatically incorrect, but I have no better way of saying it. Now, we're not even out of June yet, and already we're facing a second heat wave. (BTW, technically a heat wave is three or more consecutive days with temps of 90 degrees or higher.)

Then again, this weekend is the Vermont Quilt Festival. For some reason, it's typically suffocatingly hot during the Vermont Quilt Festival - it's a tradition or something. I'd really like to go to the festival (I've only been two or three times in the last ten years or so). They always have some incredible quilts on display. At least we'd be cool while driving up there in my air-conditioned van...

1 Comments:

  • Hope you have a great time at the Vermont Quilt festival.I am sure it will be worth the trip.

    By Blogger Maureen, at 8:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home