Fiber Arts & Furry Critters

Friday, June 10, 2005

After ripping out and starting over three times, I have finally finished one side of the edging on the Siberian Winter Shawl. Last night I finally reached the end of side one and turned the corner to begin side two!



Also, remember Ziggy? He's our powderpuff Chinese Crested. His last thorough grooming was back in November. A thorough grooming in his case means a complete comb-out, shampoo, blow-dry, more combing, and shaving the face, ears, and a "V" on the neck. At that time I took this picture:



Two days ago, in the midst of our current heat and humidity, and armed with a pet clipper, I did this to him:



I was originally just intending to shorten his coat a little, and shave the face and ears. I got a little carried away... He does look really cute, though, and remarkably like an Italian Grayhound or Whippet!

4 Comments:

  • The shawl is just gorgeous....I can only imagine how long it took you to knit that side. Cute dog too.

    By Blogger Maureen, at 7:56 AM  

  • Nice to meetcha yesterday. Both doggie and shawl are lovely.

    By Blogger claudia, at 4:17 PM  

  • did you do anything with his fur?

    By Blogger Pugknits, at 10:39 PM  

  • I tossed it over the rail of the deck... most of it was either matted or ratty. That's one of the things that bugs me... powderpuff cresteds are supposed to have this long, silky coat. His is more like cotton candy, no matter what products I've tried!

    By Blogger Caroline, at 6:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home