Fiber Arts & Furry Critters

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

DD is off to camp... we dropped her off on Saturday. The drive was lovely, once we got past the traffic jam clogging the road between Hooksett and Concord, NH. The camp looked beautiful. It sits right on Newfound Lake. Nice cabins, a couple of people from church that DD already knew, and lots of choices for activities - it looked like lots of fun. I wanted to stay with her!

I miss her lots anyway, though! I've sent a couple of emails, although the campers are not allowed to respond. I'll be going back this Saturday to pick her up, and I'm certainly looking forward to it - to seeing her, and to hearing all about her week!

Otherwise, it's very hot here. Yesterday was hot, hazy and humid, and today is supposed to be more of the same. Tomorrow is supposed to be much cooler, however, as is the rest of the week. I'm looking forward to the change immensely. The weatherman's five-day chart even showed a day or two that got below 80! I can't wait for those!

I've done a little bit of spinning lately (the brown suri alpaca) but I haven't touched knitting in ages. Part of the reason was because I can't finish the Siberian Winter shawl right now. I got half way down the edging on the fourth side, and ran out of yarn! I may have more downstairs in the cellar - I remember that the skein broke a couple of times while I was winding it, but I honestly don't know if I've used it all yet or not. I was so upset, though, that I couldn't even think about knitting for a couple of weeks.

For now I just won't think about the Siberian Winter shawl. When I'm ready to think about it again, I'll first look down cellar and see if any small ball is hiding. If not, I'll go to the LYS (which for me is the fabulous Elegant Ewe in Concord) and pick up something laceweight and close in color - a "natural" or off-white - to finish it with. At this point, it's not a total disaster - I am not ripping out all of the edging I've done, and if something else isn't the exact same color, I don't care, as long as it's close. I'm sure the people at church, if I wear it over my shoulders there to ward off the A/C, won't say anything.

Well, that's enough about the %&$##$&%@@ Siberian Winter shawl for now. Instead of thinking about that shawl or its (my? Naw...) failures, I'll work on the Creatures of the Reef shawl. I'm up to row 42, and there's not a lot to keep in my lap on such a steamy day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home