Fiber Arts & Furry Critters

Tuesday, September 10, 2002

The fun of dealing with a new school administration continues. Today I was given a sheet of paper that said the school does not have Noah's shot records (of course not, they only gave us the paperwork on Friday!). Said paper also states that Noah cannot attend school tomorrow if the records don't arrive by then. Return home, call the Dr (to whom I mailed previously-mentioned official paperwork, yesterday!), request they fax said records. Now we can only hope the bus shows up to get him, like it's supposed to! At least he *likes* kindergarten (so far - that worked last year with pre-school, until he realized he had to go all the time, not just when it was his idea! LOL!)

Drove Noah in today, anyway (apparently 9 am drop-off to them means when the bus arrives at 10 past 9 - punctuality be damned!) and picked him up (again, waiting, waiting... what are schedules for, anyway?) While I waited I was reading Good Wives by Laurel Thatcher Ulrich (subtitled Images and Reality in the Lives of Women in Northern New England 1650-1750). I have two other books by this author, and look forward to reading them all.

No sign of the promised spin-in story in the newspaper :-(

Restarted the online gansey project again! The first time I was convinced it was a) enormous, and b) that I would run out of yarn. Now I'm convinced I have enough yarn, and that, in its current incarnation, it would be too small to fit Noah for more than a month. So I'm going back to the original measurements. Third time's a charm, right?

Good mail, anyway, Spin-Off arrived!!! Yeayyy!!! My friend Pam got hers yesterday, and I didn't! Well, now I have mine, so I don't need to call and beg her for details (or drop by her house and swipe it). No sign of my other expected orders, tho - cardboard weaving bobbins from The Woolery, which were supposed to be mailed no later than LAST Tuesday; and an order of spindles, a spindle bowl, and some fiber from The Bellwether. Amelia must be *very* busy lately, she's usually *much* faster than this! The Woolery - I don't know, I've never dealt with them. I can only wait by the mailbox, and try not to fill all my charkha bobbins before my order arrives - not a problem today, as it's stinking hot out, and the cellar where my charkha currently resides does not have A/C.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home