Fiber Arts & Furry Critters

Tuesday, September 03, 2002

Only about a dozen rows left on the 2nd sleeve of Noah's sweater, then the sewing up to do. Besides that, I didn't do much else yesterday. I swatched a couple of different yarns for other projects, and played with my Fricke Big Ball winder. Little bit of this, little bit of that. Went shopping (Ames going-out-of-business sale) with DH, Ashleigh and Noah. After the half hour or so it took us to get both kids ready and get out of the house, DH asked me, "Why did I think this was a good idea?" I told him, why do you think I always want to go *alone*? Sometimes it's just not worth the trouble. Anyway, we ended up picking up yet more school clothes at Ames, but that was about it. They didn't have the things I wanted - new burner coils and drip pans for the stove, and 150W halogen bulbs for the feed room light in the barn.

My friend Pam called last night and said she was coming over; it was her birthday yesterday, and I knew she made herself a birthday cheesecake (and she's an awesome cook!); figured she was bringing me a piece. She came over with a whole cheesecake! It's a HUGE one, with a layer of almonds in the middle, chocolate crust, chocolate icing covered in coconut. It's *incredible*! I already let DH have a piece; we'll see if he gets anymore!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home