Fiber Arts & Furry Critters

Thursday, February 13, 2003

OK, I've gone and done it - on several fronts.

First of all, I hurt my wrist a week and a half or two weeks ago. We had just had a very heavy, wet snow, and I hurt it while trying to push the snow off my van. Hurt it again last time I was working on the lathe, it couldn't handle me turning the cam locks on the tool rest. It doesn't hurt to knit, but anything that requires pressure or torque hurts. No pushups. (VBG)

Second, I'm sick of myself. I've gone and joined a gym. Yes, it will cut into my knitting/spinning time, but something's gotta give, and I don't want that something to be my health (or my knees). I can't even think of buying more (larger) clothes.

Exercise is about it for now. DH has frequently accused me of having an all-or-nothing attitude, and I agree. I know what needs to be done to lose weight, and I tend to want to do all of it, right now. Then, when I don't see changes by, like, tomorrow, I get discouraged. So for now, I'm concentrating on the exercise rather than an eating plan or other changes. Another problem is I also have a short attention span (about 3 weeks, if it's good).

I would love to hear from anyone if you've managed to make permanent changes that resulted in weight loss, and/or if you know of any good, supportive email groups - probably those that concentrate on starting/maintaining an exercise program and maintaining motivation at this point.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home