Fiber Arts & Furry Critters

Saturday, March 01, 2003

I've been sick for the last few days; it's "just a cold", but everything hurts, and I'm so tired! I want it gone! I've been mostly working on my Regia socks for the last two days; can't concentrate on anything more complicated than that the way I feel.

The other day I got an order from Ex Libris Anonymous. They take old discarded books and turn them into journals. The covers are from the old books, the inside paper is a heavyweight unlined paper, good for writing, sketching, whatever you do with a journal. They do a very nice job of it, and have wonderful service.

For those who knit socks: When using "regular" sock yarn (Socka, Regia, Opal, etc) what size needles do you use (I use double points, but I suppose in the context of this question needle type doesn't matter) and what gauge do you get? I saw on Wendy's toe-up pattern that she lists size 0 needles and a gauge of 8 sts per inch. I know that with the Regia I'm using now, I'm getting 9 sts/inch. With the last pair, Lorna's Laces sock yarn, I got 9.5 sts/inch, both on size 0s. Wondering if it's "safe" to go up to size 1s - slightly bigger gauge, they would work up a little faster, just wondering how they'd hold up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home