Fiber Arts & Furry Critters

Wednesday, May 28, 2003

It was a long, rainy, dreary holiday weekend. I worked on my bobbin lace and tatting project, and worked on my second-sock at a restaurant. Yes, DH and I actually went out to eat by ourselves! I also made some toy-wheel spindles, for the classes I'll be teaching at the Granite State Knit-In on June 7. My toy-wheel spindles are made with spoked wooden wheels, which are more expensive and harder to get than the craft store toy wheels, but they result in a rim-weighted spindle that spins wonderfully.

At one point I tried working on my carding project, but DH said it was creating too much dust for him. I'll have to work on that when he's not home, at this point.

On Sunday we went to the American Textile History Museum in Lowell, Mass. I love this place! Here's a view from the outside:


And here's what it looks like when you walk in the door:





If you want to see more pictures from our visit to the museum, you can visit my Picturetrail Album. Pick the one marked ATHM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home