Fiber Arts & Furry Critters

Monday, June 23, 2003

Another FO! For some reason, one FO tends to lead to another - "Must finish something!" This time it was the sock yarn blend I started at the Cape Ann Spinning Retreat. The goal was to create a blend that would work for socks, and attempt to spin to the right size. Well, a commercial skein I grabbed for comparison was 50 g (although it actually weighed in at 1.6 oz on my scale) and 210 meters; this skein was the same weight, and 205 yards, so I think I got pretty close!


Click on the picture for a close-up of the yarn


Also got a lot of knitting time in over the weekend; during a family party on Saturday, and while watching several videos Saturday afternoon/evening. Here's the progress on the first Opal Bumblebee sock:



Wendy E. mentioned the Longest Thread contest on her blog. Gotta find out where to get superfine merino - what fun! This reminded me of a web page I'd come across recently. Check out Terri DeHetre's story of competing in the Longest Thread contest - she ended up not only winning the contest, but setting a new world record! She has also made some absolutely jaw-dropping lace shawls.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home