Fiber Arts & Furry Critters

Tuesday, June 03, 2003

PENS!

I know, I need to finish those beginner kits for my classes this weekend. I also have an order for half a dozen spindles, to be delivered at the Granite State Knit-In. But these are so much fun to make!




Four of these are "Slimline" models, about the same size as the skinny little Cross pens (in fact, they use Cross ink refills). The second from left, the one that's different, is an American Twist model - twists either way to use, is a thicker pen and definitely has a heftier feel to it. For woods, we have three maple, one walnut (Slimline) and the AT is either Rosewood or Cocobolo, I'm not really sure. Has gorgeous grain, tho. Some things just don't show up really well with a digital camera, so I took a close-up of one of the maple pens for you:




For those interested, I'm hoping to have a pen page up sometime next week with ordering information and prices. Feel free to contact me before then if you like. Some of the pen blanks I have downstairs and have yet to play with include Pau Ferro, Bocote, Bloodwood, Mahogany, Purpleheart, and some gorgeous unnamed pieces. Right now these are the only two sizes/styles I'm making, but that, too, could change in the future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home