Fiber Arts & Furry Critters

Friday, June 20, 2003

Two FOs in one day! (It's about time I finished something!)

The first is the Regia socks, modeled wonderfully by DD Ashleigh (they're way too big, but she did a great modeling job!)




The second is the skein I'm sending to Spin-Off (very last minute, as usual) for the Rare Breeds skeins. This one is Hog Island roving, 1.2 oz, 82 yds, 17 wpi. It was spun on two spindles (Golding Ring spindle, and one of my own hand-turned spindles), and plyed on a large Bosworth spindle. It will be off to the post office tomorrow.



Here's a close-up of the yarn:



Now it's on to the already-started Opal Bumblebee socks.



My next pair are going to be toe-up (my first attempt at toe-up) using Wendy's generic toe-up sock pattern. I'll have to finish the Bumblebee ones quickly (waiting around during DD's riding lesson is good for at least an hour a week!).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home