Fiber Arts & Furry Critters

Tuesday, June 24, 2003

It seems it has finally stopped raining here in the northeast; now we're going to have intolerable heat for the next three or four days. I'll take the 60- and 70-degree rainy days over 90's and humid any day, but nobody asked me! Must be time to install the air conditioner.

Finished up some more wool that's been taking up space in my fiber corner. I got this wool in a trade, and it had been dyed with Easter egg dyes. Makes for a very pretty shade of light blue. Not the softest stuff, but not harsh; I'd call it a "medium" wool. This is destined to become hat & mittens for DD. Anything left over will be overdyed to make hats for DH & DS. I ended up with a total of four skeins, 10.8 oz and about 316 yds. They're displayed here on my Canadian production wheel, although they were spun on the Kromski Mazurka.


Click on the picture for a close-up of the yarn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home