Fiber Arts & Furry Critters

Sunday, October 19, 2003

Hi, Stella! Yes, I'm OK, just busy. Thanks for checking! Can't wait to see the fabric you bought, and the quilt pattern you plan to make!

It was a short week last week, because the kids were home on Monday. DH also took a couple of days off, and it seems like I get nothing done when he's home. We survived two days of horrendous winds, however (with only a small section of fence as a casualty). I was also missing my digital camera (lent it to my niece). Funny how hard it is to sit down and write anything if I don't have pictures to accompany it.

I really wanted to go to Rhinebeck this year, but couldn't face driving 3-1/2 hours each way. My friend Pam went, though (she and her DH got a room at a bed and breakfast, and made a weekend of it). She brought me back an out-of-print book I'd been looking for - Fine Woodworking on Spindle Turning. She brought it over today, but I haven't had a chance to really look at it yet.

I finished the first holiday stocking, with the exception of duplicate stitching a name and Santa's features. I need to wind the yarn for the other three kits so I can get started on those.



I also worked a little bit on my Lo-Tech Sweat, but not enough to take a new picture yet.

I've got my quilt class project ready to quilt, but haven't started that. I did start working with a jar of quilt pieces I picked up at the show last weekend. It took me a while to figure out what the pieces were supposed to be - they're pansies! I'm using a variety of greens from stash as leaves, and here's what they'll look like. It's a good thing I like applique!



I spent today making new curtains for the kids' rooms. Now that oldest DS has moved out, 6 yo Noah has moved into that bedroom. At one quilt shop we visited the kids wanted to pick out fabric too, so I suggested new curtains, as long as they chose the fabric from the "sale room." I did three sets of curtains today, and still need to get more fabric to do one more set for Ashleigh's room.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home