Fiber Arts & Furry Critters

Saturday, October 11, 2003

We took advantage of the beautiful weather today, and went for a drive. We went to Laconia for a quilt show! I took a few pictures - they can be found in my Picturetrail album, under Belknap Mill Quilt Show. There were some very pretty quilts exhibited. The guild has changed their venue from the old Belknap Mill in downtown Laconia to an expo center down the road a few miles. DH and the kids generally accompany me to quilt shows; we usually go to at least a few a year, anyway. The Cocheco show in Rochester is in two weeks; that's one of our favorites.

After the quilt show, we took a side trip to Meredith to go to Keepsake Quilting, a place I haven't visited in quite some time (mostly because I've been obsessed with knitting and spinning, and have barely looked at my quilts). I've been collecting black-and-white fabrics for a quilt for 20-year-old DS (who recently moved out again! We're hoping it works out this time). Besides fabric, I got a couple of toys for me. The first is this really cute box:



It's about 5 inches high and 6 inches across the front. I love boxes and tins of all kinds, and I'm sure I can find something to keep in this.

The second thing was this Hawaiian quilting book:



I'm sure I spent way too much time in the shop. There's so much to look at! The kids and DH were on the porch out in front of the store, and kept coming in to check on me. It really was a gorgeous day, though, and the fall colors in the Lakes Region were spectacular!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home