Fiber Arts & Furry Critters

Saturday, October 09, 2004

They're here! The girls are finally here!

The transporters, two women from Alpacatown Express, got here around 9pm after running into traffic and traveling all sorts of unfamiliar roads. I was in contact with them yesterday, giving them far more direct directions than Mapquest can handle. They did a terrific job, especially in getting their huge rig in and out of our driveway. One of them (I believe it was Autumn) even brought me a thimble from Arizona, which she had picked up on an earlier leg of this trip. What a sweetheart! Thank you so much, Autumn!

Here's a picture of the new thimble:



And here are the girls!

This is a picture of the four of them together. The big black one is "Got Milk"; her little black baby is Annika; the big beige one is Castanet and her little white baby is Angel.



Here's a close-up of Got Milk and Annika:



And here's a close-up of Castanet and Angel:



They are so pretty, and have such incredible fleece! They are not very approachable yet, though. I suppose I wouldn't be, either, if I'd just been loaded onto a van, traveled half a day, and left in some strange place. The boys come running to eat grain out of my hand; I'm sure the girls will eventually get to that point, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home