Fiber Arts & Furry Critters

Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Still haven't done much on the cross stitch, but at least I got past the boring black part. I'm almost done with page 1 (of 9) and then I'll probably work on something else. I'll post an update picture soon, probably when I finish page 1. If I actually get some time to work on it, that should be within the next couple of days.

The last week or so has been especially hectic. DD was in a play at school, which required lots of driving back and forth. We all went to the final performance of the play, and had a great time. We went out to dinner before the final performance, and through an amazing stroke of luck, ended up with free dessert! Between the dinner and the play, it really was a lot of fun.

Monday I had to take the new van in for inspection, and DD had a counseling appointment. Yesterday I went to the gym and later had to take DD to her riding lesson. I feel like I've been doing so much running around lately! I think we're pretty much done for a while - good thing, too! Today will be a trip to the gym and some grocery shopping.

When I go to the gym, I'll be meeting up with someone from one of my Freecycle lists to drop off a bunch of magazines. This will hopefully be the beginning of a much needed basement cleaning. The basement houses the majority of my crafts "stuff" - quilting fabric, yarn, spinning fiber, lots and lots of books (both read and unread), and bits and pieces of assorted crafts I've tried over the years. I admit it, I'm a packrat, and I have a very hard time throwing things away! It does eventually get to a point, though, where I have so much to do, and so much that I want to do, that I get nothing done. I'm fast approaching that point (actually, I think I've been there for a couple of months) and need to clear things out in order to get back on track. As painful as it will be, that also means getting rid of some craft stuff (like the rug hooking supplies) that I know I'll never get back to. Keeping it around just makes me feel guilty for not getting it done, even though I found it was a craft I really didn't enjoy.

I've been busy already this morning, though. Besides getting the kids off to school and DH off to work, I found out that I had to order a new cable to connect my PDA to my computer. I was unable to do any updates or software downloads because the old one died, and I was unable to resuscitate it. (I actually had to look up the proper spelling for "resuscitate"!) Fortunately, the cable was quite inexpensive, and will hopefully be here within a few days.

I lead such a boring life.


Post a Comment

<< Home