Fiber Arts & Furry Critters

Thursday, July 28, 2005

Hi, Melissa! My Creatures of the Reef shawl is being done in a variegated light blues-to-white laceweight yarn. Here is a picture of it taken in May:



The weather has been truly gorgeous today. After several days of sweltering heat, I would be very surprised if the temps even got to 80 today. As an added extra bonus we had very low humidity. This is what I would consider perfect weather!

DH took the day off to take advantage of the weather, and he and I worked on the driveway. We need to fill in the shoulder on the edge of the pavement with dirt, and plant some grass to keep the dirt in place. We got a very good start on that and now will need to wait for more dirt. Good, because that will give my back a chance to recover!

After that, as a reward for all my hard work, DH stayed with the boy and I got to take off on my bike. I did another "ride until I'm tired" - this time I made 14 miles, to Raymond. I did this a few days ago and really enjoyed it. Last time I rode just over 13 miles, and finished up in Kingston. It's a lot of fun when you just ride until you're ready to stop, and then call home to be picked up! Much more fun than having to worry about having enough energy to bike home as well!

And Milk still has not delivered that cria...

1 Comments:

  • I bet that COTR shawl will be gorgeous! Maybe I'll start mine after vacation. (*maybe*)

    By Blogger Melissa, at 4:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home