Fiber Arts & Furry Critters

Sunday, November 17, 2002

It was snowing last night when we got out of the movie, followed soon after that by freezing rain. My van is covered in ice. It's now raining, and has gotten warm enough that everything is starting to turn to slush instead of ice. I said starting to. Not looking forward to it getting cold tonight, when everything will freeze up again.

This is a picture of the iced-over tree in my front yard. This is a partial view of the woods in the back yard, from my iced-over deck. And this is how my van looks right now! Note the icicles on the rearview mirror, and the lovely glazed driver's side window. We're just waiting to lose power.

Went to my favorite almost-local-yarn-shop the other day, and ended up with two new books: Heirloom Knitting (subtitled "A Shetland Lace Knitter's Pattern and Workbook") by Sharon Miller; and Carol Rasmussen Noble's Knitting Fair Isle Mittens & Gloves. I really like the patterns in Noble's book, and we never have enough mittens around here. I am absolutely in love with the Shetland Lace book!!

Currently about halfway done the second sleeve of the Textures pullover. I'm doing the sleeves in the round, on two circular needles, to save some sewing up at the end. Just the neckline after this. Don't think this will fit me quite right when done without a lot of blocking (of the body, anyway) and I really don't feel like doing that every time it's washed, so it will be lightly blocked after washing and become a gift for my much-deserving niece Erin. I'm amazed, after some recent projects, how fast knitting flies with bulky yarn and size 9 needles!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home