Fiber Arts & Furry Critters

Tuesday, October 22, 2002

This is what I worked on today. The quilt pattern is called Storm At Sea.




This is supposed to be DH's quilt - he picked out the pattern and the fabric... about six years ago. I got a lot done when I first started it... then put it away. I've dragged it out maybe once a year for the past three or four years. The last time I took it out, I finished piecing all the blocks I had cut out. Problem: the pattern has been missing for quite some time, and we're talking years here. I pieced the last row I could, then put it away again.

I needed to find a way to make it a little bigger (I didn't want to just use huge borders, I don't like the look). I think this will work.




This pattern is called Ribbon Stars. I'm going to make up Ribbon Stars from all the blue fabrics already in the quilt; then I'll do a narrow border between the quilt and the stars, a row of stars around the whole quilt, then another narrow border. If I can actually finish it after all this time, I'll machine quilt it and give it to DH for a Christmas present.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home