Fiber Arts & Furry Critters

Sunday, November 03, 2002

Well, I'm back! And very glad to be home!

I left on Friday morning, right after 5 yo DS got on the bus. I went with my friend Pam, and she did all the driving - 4-1/2 hours each way! As I'm always the driver whenever the family goes anywhere, it was a very pleasant change!

We got to Silver Bay at about 1:30 in the afternoon, checked in, and were told that rooms were not ready until 4. Fine, plenty to see and do until then. We started with checking in with the Northeast Handspinners folks, and picking up our goodie bags and nametags; then I proceeded to investigate the vendors, just one of many times I did that! Then I joined many others who gathered in the main lobby with their wheels and spindles, and we spun and chatted until we could get to our rooms.

We had a talk on ergonomics Friday evening, with a spin-in following. I don't know why they felt it necessary to schedule "spin-ins" separately from the rest of the activities. Near as I could tell, any time nothing else was scheduled was basically a "spin-in," for the entire weekend. It was wonderful gawking at all the different wheels, as well as all the fantastic, beautiful and creative handspun (and/or handwoven, handknitted) clothing. I met the most wonderful and interesting people as well! I can't say enough good things about the time spent there!

I'll write about the classes I had in my next post; in the meantime, if you want to see the pictures I took, go to my home page and click on the link to The Gathering, 2002.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home