Fiber Arts & Furry Critters

Sunday, October 20, 2002

For some reason, DH wants to spend weekends running around lately. Today we went to Rochester, NH where the Cocheco Quilt Guild was having a quilt show at the Community Center. DH always liked my quilting and was very supportive, and even knows quite a bit about patterns. I haven't done much in the way of quilting for about 5 years now, but I did pick up a book on Paper Piecing. If I could find ways to speed things up, I might actually be able to use up some of that humungous fabric stash!

The quilt show was great, anyway. Gorgeous quilts! I did get pictures, but they are on a disposable camera, and I won't get them back for a few days; but the workmanship and artistry at these shows is always astonishing. Not always fun keeping a 10 year old and a 5 year old amused long enough to actually see a few quilts! This time we managed by letting the kids help us pick out the 3 quilts we needed to cast votes for (Viewer's Choice awards) and by letting them take pictures of quilts they liked after I got the shots I wanted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home