Fiber Arts & Furry Critters

Friday, January 10, 2003

Dogs are doing well (altho the Rimadyl doesn't seem to be doing Toby any good... yet) and kids are improving. I thought Noah was well enough to go to school today, but he disagreed, saying his ears were still "plugged" - okay. Hey, he's 5 and it's only kindergarten. If he says he doesn't feel well enough to go, I'll take his word for it. Not like he's trying to skip out on a test!

Knitting and spinning have finally returned to take over my life again, after a couple of weeks of holiday burn-out induced lethargy. I'm working on the Celtic Cardigan again (halfway thru the 2nd pattern repeat of the back yoke). I'm back to spinning - angora! Marvelous stuff! I need more of this! Actually, I have more of this, I just feel like I don't have enough! I'm also working on several shawls. The first is the Flirty Ruffles shawl from Fiddlesticks Knitting, in Jaggerspun; the kit was a Christmas gift. Another is the Irish Diamond Shawl, from Folk Shawls, being done in dark purple Alpafina (a Webs buy). The third is my ongoing "easy" project, done mostly in cars and long lines - a simple triangle, done in one strand of jewel-tone Eros, one strand of med gray mohair.

Here's a picture of the back of the Celtic Cardigan, so far. The colors definitely aren't right. The yarn (Cascade 220) is actually a rich blue-green.




Made the drive to my friend Nancy's house yesterday, and picked up some belated Christmas gifts:




The pottery dish and the little porcelain "paper bag" are both handmade and handpainted. The wooden tray, for perspective, is 13x19" (a gift from MIL). They have found a place to live (on the kitchen table) but have not declared their uses yet.

Here's a closeup of the little bag. It measures 2-1/8" x 2-7/8", and 3-1/8" tall. Isn't it adorable?



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home