Fiber Arts & Furry Critters

Wednesday, July 02, 2003

I got a surprise in the mail the other day from Daniel in TN, a fellow member of the Spindlers list. He made me this beautiful little Angel pin!




I've also been doing quite a bit of knitting on the Siberian Winter shawl. I've passed the halfway point of the center square:



I'm trying to talk myself out of joining Stasia's Creatures of the Reef knit-along, and not having much luck. I have three shawls in progress right now, but I love the patterns from Fiddlesticks Knitting, especially that one. One of my already-in-progress shawls is also from Fiddlesticks Knitting - the Flirty Ruffles, being done in lavender Jaggerspun. The kit was a Christmas gift from a wonderful friend.

I think I'm going to order just the pattern from Fiddlesticks, because I have some yarn from Joslyn's Fiber Farm that would work well with this shawl. I'm also hoping to have at least one shawl-in-progress done, and maybe make some progress on another, before the knit-along start-up date.

Got a wonderful piece of news yesterday - Eileen Hallman of New World Textiles has done a charkha video! I've taken charkha spinning classes with her twice, and she's a fantastic teacher. I will definitely be pre-ordering the video - estimated release is mid-August.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home