Fiber Arts & Furry Critters

Tuesday, July 08, 2003

One of the things I collect, besides fiber and fiber arts tools, is thimbles. I got three new thimbles when we went on the M/S Mt Washington on the 4th of July:



Side view of thimbles



Top view of thimbles

Now for the project update; this was my intended post yesterday, before my goodies came in the mail.

I've been working on the Siberian Winter shawl a lot, mostly because I can do it in the nice, air-conditioned living room. I have another 14 rows to do of the center square, before repeating the final rounds of the diamonds border. Then I need to pick up and knit all the way around for more edging.



I have also been playing with my charkha. BJ Heeke, listmom of the Charkha group on Yahoogroups, issued an invitation for everyone to post and update their charkha projects. That was enough, lemming that I am, to send me back to my charkha. This is what I've got so far:



These are two different groups of hand-dyed cottons (not dyed by me). I spin up a bunch of charkha spindles-full, then wind off onto weaving bobbins or cardboard quills. These are all singles, and most but not all have two charkha spindles wound onto them. They will be used for dishtowels, with a 20/2 commercial purple cotton for weft. Of course, that means I'll have to finish weaving off the current warp at some point!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home