Fiber Arts & Furry Critters

Tuesday, February 24, 2004

It's the second day of school vacation, and we're surviving. Daddy decided to cut and run - he went to work today. The kids are supposed to go visit with their big brother this afternoon, for pizza and a movie. I hope it works out!

Besides mediating small wars between children, I've been spinning up the yak/targhee blend. At this point it looks like it's ending up thinner than the Rambouillet blend, and I have about 2 oz of this. When spinning very fine, though, you can spend all day on it and it looks like you're making no progress at all! It can be discouraging... especially when there are several other projects I also want to work on! F'rinstance, I'd like to start in on the formerly-white shetland, which is finally dry!



I played with all the color correction stuff in my software, and still couldn't quite get the color right in this picture. This is a lot closer than the original picture, however. The wool in the ball is a deeper color, though, and definitely not as bright as it looks here. I'm also amazed that I managed to get a picture without a dog's nose in it. I have one dog in particular that loves to steal wool, - fleece, roving, or yarn, it doesn't matter to her.

I've also made a little progress on the car sweater. The red cars are done, and I've begun the green ones. I think in the size 2, I only need to make 4 or 5 rows of cars - I did 8 rows or so in DS's size-8 sweater, so this one will definitely go a lot faster.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home