Fiber Arts & Furry Critters

Tuesday, February 17, 2004

Thanks for thinking of me, Deb! No, we have not been overcome with snow this year... in fact, we have very little snow compared to previous years. What we have, however, is absolute bone-chilling cold! I'm ready for some warmer weather. Later on this week we're supposed to get over freezing, and may even approach 40 degrees. Woo-hoo, summer's on it's way!!

Even though I've pretty much been in hibernation mode, I've accomplished a few things. I've been doing a lot of applique, for one. I've almost finished my first Cutwork block (from Potpourri Pieces):



Now I'm working on the first Folk Art Red & Green block from Ornamental Applique.

I also finally finished spinning up a 65/35 Rambouillet/angora blend. I bought this fiber at the Cape Ann Spinning Retreat in April 2003. It's 3.5 oz, and about 800 yds, which works out to approx 3600 ypp overall - won't make it as an entry in the Longest Thread contest, but I'm now beginning to feel that laceweight spinning is within my grasp! In any case, I'm quite pleased with how it turned out, even though I don't have a clue what I'll do with it yet. This was spun on my Kromski Mazurka, in Scotch tension mode and on the smallest whorl.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home