Fiber Arts & Furry Critters

Friday, September 20, 2002

Busy week again - as usual. I managed to get a few things done, tho.

First of all is the on-line gansey. We don't have the pattern for the sleeves yet. The current pattern includes the neckband, but I'm holding off on the neckband until I make sure I have enough yarn left for both sleeves. If I run out, I'll make the neckband and/or cuffs out of a different yarn. If I get the pattern for the sleeves soon, I'd like to finish it to include as part of my demo at the Deerfield Fair next week.




I've also been working on the Lorna's Laces Liberty sox. This is the second incarnation of this sock. The first one was done almost to the end of the gusset; I tried it on, and it was too big, and the fabric was too loose, so I ripped it all out and started over. What surprised me was the totally different patterning I got with smaller needles! It is being done in a simple 2X2 rib that will be carried all the way down to the foot.




The last picture is another UFO. Don't remember if I listed this one or not, but it's the beginnings of a lace scarf being made out of handspun cashmere. This yarn is incredibly luscious! The pattern is in the Summer 2002 issue of Spin-Off. I may work on this today, just because the yarn is soooo soft. If you try this pattern, however, be warned: the chart given is way wrong, but the written instructions work.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home