Fiber Arts & Furry Critters

Tuesday, August 27, 2002

Took the kids to the movies today - Spy Kids 2 - yawn! I liked the first one quite a bit; I could have done without the sequel.

Besides that, I've been knitting on Noah's sweater - finished the back today. The front was done up to the point where the cabled yoke begins, so I've picked that part up and done the first half dozen rows on the front as well.

What I ended up doing the most today was spinning cotton on my book charkha. I'm starting to think I need to get busy warping the loom! Haven't decided yet if the cotton will be plied before I use it for weaving or not. If I decide to ply it, I may ply with white to extend the colored cotton; it will, I'm certain, be plied on a wheel. Come to think of it, that's not a bad idea. I could overlap ends from one skein to the other while plying, and end up with much larger skeins.

One issue with to ply or not to ply is that right now I wind from the charkha spindles onto 4" weaving bobbins. One charkha spindle full is just about perfect for one bobbin. So the singles, if I were to use them as-is, are basically already set to weave with.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home