Fiber Arts & Furry Critters

Thursday, October 03, 2002

Every year I get very inspired looking at the crafts displayed at the Deerfield Fair. I think they have one of the best crafts departments around - both in the quality of work displayed, and the number of entries. After I get inspired, I come home and work on projects that haven't seen the light of day in a while - like, maybe, since last year's Deerfield Fair! Actually, some of these make it out of storage a couple of times a year, and that's it.

Current inspiration led to me working on a hooked rug. It will eventually be a couch pillow, if it ever gets done. I worked on it a lot yesterday, to the point that my left thumb is sore from being poked by the rug hook, and I'm not going to be able to work on it for a couple of days.





Other projects recently worked on:

The Lorna's Laces Liberty socks - I got one done!! (Yes, the second sock has been started already!)





Also working on the Textures pullover. The back is almost done.





I do need to get back to work on the online gansey. The instructions for the sleeves were posted while I was working at the fair, and I haven't had a chance to get back to that yet. Someone is also starting up an online Aran cardigan, and I already have yarn set aside for that. Need to do more on the Celtic Cardigan - I managed a few rows on that last week; and I need to get my loom (Harrisville T-6, 4 harness) warped up before the demo at Noah's school on October 18. I know that will take me a while. I would get a lot more weaving done if it weren't for warping the loom!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home