Fiber Arts & Furry Critters

Thursday, January 01, 2004

Happy New Year!

I always enjoy thinking of New Year's resolutions, but I'm not much good at resolving to keep them, so for me they're more like wishes, or things I'd like to do. We're starting off this year on a very good note, however.

First of all, after being a lifelong nailbiter, I now have nails! For some reason, over the last couple of months, I've just been too busy to bite them, and wonder of wonders, they grew! This is an endless source of fascination to me right now and something I've wanted all my life. I'd take a picture of my nails but my niece came by yesterday and borrowed the camera again.

One of my wishes, or resolutions if you must, is to buy far less stuff and work with the overabundance I have on hand. Not only do I have an overabundance of craft materials, I have an absolute plethora of started projects. For example, I have many knitting projects started and stored in tote bags, both in the dining room and in the cellar (craft rooms). I'd like to clear those out and reclaim the bags as well as the needles, patterns, and knitting gadgets within. I also have quite a few sweaters "kitted up", as well as started quilting projects, cross-stitch kits, etc.

My plan is to work on one project to completion, and then pick another to finish. Bouncing from one craft to another will not be addressed at this time, just working on WIPs and UFOs. This will eventually help clean things up around here, too; the craft rooms are a real mess. I've begun this by listing current projects on the sidebar. Hopefully this will help keep me on track. I also sat down and made a list (incomplete, I'm sure) of started projects, sorted by craft, in a notebook. The list is scary.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home