Fiber Arts & Furry Critters

Monday, April 19, 2004

I'm without a camera, at least until the end of the week. I lent it to a friend who was going to Washington DC on vacation, but I'll have it back soon. No pictures until then, unfortunately, although I can give you lots of links!

I am again obsessed with my applique quilt blocks. Obsession is nothing new - it's kind of how I operate, in fact. I work on one thing (sweater, quilt, spinning project, etc) until the obsession bug latches onto something else. Right now it's applique (again).

Last week I took the first of three applique classes (one a month) at Quiltopia in Hollis, NH. The teacher was Debbie Eaton of The Quilted Lady Slipper. This is one very talented lady, and I've been waiting a while to take one of her classes. The class was *wonderful*, and I can't wait for the next one! It's a "bring your own project" workshop class, and I worked on my Folk Art Red and Green block, from Ornamental Applique. This is a block-a-month program, and I'm already two months behind. Debbie was a great help, and I now have only two flowers left to do on this block.

I have also become obsessed with doing a Baltimore Album quilt. I'm on one Yahoo group that is dedicated to this topic (BaltimoreQuilts). That group is now doing a stitch-along of sorts, led by very talented quilter/teacher Nancy Kerns (you can see one of Nancy's Baltimore Album quilts here. This stitch-along will be focusing on re-creating the Mary Simon quilt. My pattern for the Mary Simon is currently on back-order; I'm supposed to have it within two weeks. I did, however, do a lot of fabric shopping over the weekend, and have just about everything I need to start Mary Simon - as soon as the pattern arrives, that is!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home