Fiber Arts & Furry Critters

Thursday, April 29, 2004

Well, I finally got my camera back, so I can show you what I've been working on!

This is a Fleur De Lis, from one of Elly Sienkiewicz's Baltimore Album applique books. I did it in a purple batik fabric that is just beautiful!



This one is from Jo Coons' Potpourri Pieces line, one of the Fancy Cutwork patterns. A link to her site was given in my last blog entry.



And here is my first completed Ornamental Applique block! Again, I gave the link in the previous entry - just scroll down. I love the way this looks - the fabric and background colors really work great together. Unfortunately, this picture does not do it justice. The background is a tan Moda Marbles fabric, and one of my favorites. DH loves these patterns, too.



I've already begun working on the second Ornamental Applique block, and am prepping for my next Elly S. block and another Potpourri Pieces one as well. I'm also still waiting for my Mary Simon patterns to show up. They were supposedly mailed on Monday, and I was really hoping they would show up today! I have a bunch of background blocks cut already, and have my applique fabrics washed and ready to go! Oh, well - it's not like I have nothing else to work on until that pattern pack arrives!

One more day of "official" school vacation. 12 yo DD gets to take her first trail ride tomorrow, instead of just another riding lesson in the indoor arena. I'll also be hitting a quilt show in Plaistow, NH, and maybe the one in Hudson if I have time. Should be a pretty busy day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home