Fiber Arts & Furry Critters

Sunday, May 30, 2004

Yesterday was an absolutely gorgeous day! Temp never got over 60 degrees, it was breezy and very comfortable for walking around. I could use more days like that! We spent over three hours at Strawbery Banke, an historic recreation village in Portsmouth, NH. One of the most interesting things about this place is that they have buildings covering many different time periods, from the late 1700s to the mid-1900s. It was not difficult to spend three hours seeing everything! Today is supposed to be almost as nice - a little warmer, and less breezy, but gorgeous nonetheless. It's about time! I was sure we were on the verge of the next Great Flood for a while!

I've done quite a bit on the Regia socks - one sock done, and I'm working on the heel flap of the second one.



Hey, I may actually have an FO soon! Of course, I also need to go back and fix the Opal Bumblebee socks, and I just signed up for the Six Sock Knitalong - do we see a sock obsession forming? I also need to finish the laceweight shetland skein. That needs to be finished and mailed to Canada by the end of the month.

I'll be making spindles and washing fleece this week. Next Saturday is the Granite State Knit-In at Loon Mountain, and I'll be teaching three classes (with my friend Pam). Two are on drop spindle spinning, and one is on fleece prep - carding, combing, drum carding, etc.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home