Fiber Arts & Furry Critters

Thursday, June 03, 2004

A very busy day; I'm not used to that! I can spend weeks at home, only going out to go grocery shopping once or twice a week. Homebody that I am, that suits me just fine. Now, though, I'm entering an extraordinarily busy stretch, for me. More on that in a minute.

DH stayed home today, and we ended up going shopping together. Our first stop was Merri Stitches in Windham. While there I signed up for a private lesson in using my serger. I've managed a few basic seams, but I'd really like to find out more (before I break something!) That will take place next Wednesday afternoon. The next stop was the pattern sale at Joanne's. I picked up six sewing patterns, and some fabrics and notions to make stuff (mostly shorts) for the kids. I have plenty of fabrics in stash that will work for DD, but had to get some suitable boy fabrics. DH helped pick those out. Then we went to CompUSA, where we got a wireless router (with corresponding wireless PC card for my laptop).

Today was only the beginning of my busy stretch. Tomorrow I have an applique workshop in Groton, MA. I'm teaching at the Granite State Knit-In on Saturday; Sunday we have a graduation party for a friend's daughter. (I have to make a pasta salad for that at some point!) Monday I can actually spend some time at home! Tuesday I have an applique class at a shop in Hollis. And now Wednesday I have this serger lesson! I've had less than half a dozen quilting classes in my life, and now I just happen to have a workshop and a class back to back!

And at some point I need to get out and pick up a few things I'll still need for our trip to Florida...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home