Fiber Arts & Furry Critters

Saturday, August 07, 2004

Stella asked what I'm planning to do with these quilt blocks.

These blocks are part of a block-of-the-month program being done by my local quilt shop, the Silver Thimble Quilt Shop in Kingston, NH. On the first Saturday of the month we go in to get this month's block (hence the program's name, "Saturday Sampler"). It goes for a year, and then you have 12 co-ordinating blocks for a quilt. I'm actually doing two blocks per month, in different colorways. When they're done, I'll make them into two quilts. I'll still have to choose some kind of setting squares or blocks, and some borders; those decisions will affect the final size of the quilts. The twelve 12" blocks alone would only result in a "lap size" quilt otherwise - 4 feet long by 3 feet wide or so, without settings or borders. I don't know yet who will be the final recipients of these quilts - either my own kids or possibly my niece's two little girls.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home