Fiber Arts & Furry Critters

Friday, April 22, 2005

OK, so it's a little later than I promised, but I do have a bunch of new pictures to share!

Here's the yarn I just finished, along side a skein of Margaret Stove's Merino Lace yarn for comparison. Below that I have a closer photo of the two of them. If you click on the closer photo, you'll get an extreme close-up of the two yarns. I didn't realize that the North Ronaldsay yarn looked slightly hairy from so close!





As for what else I've been up to, for some reason I have again become enamored of the applique blocks I have in progress. I have worked on finishing up several that are at various stages. The first one is an Elly Sienkiewicz block, from one of the Baltimore Beauties and Beyond books.



The next one is not quite finished, but it's close. It's one of the Victorian Fancy Cutwork blocks, by Jo Coons at Potpourri Pieces.



The last one is a picture of a couple of blocks that will finish at 5-1/2" square. These are from a book by Judy Garden called Dutch Treat. I really love the blue background fabric, and the way the blue and the pale lavender/gray work together. One block is finished, one is almost done. If you click on this picture, you'll get a close-up of the finished 5 of Diamonds block.



I also uploaded all of these to the folder labeled "Other Quilts" in my Webshots album. There are some other pics there of other applique I've done (or am working on!).

Oh, and in other news, I am now one of the NH state representatives for the Northeast Handspinners Association!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home